No Basant before February 2027, says Punjab information minister
Punjab Information Minister Azma Bukhari. File Photo
Punjab Information Minister Azma Bukhari. File Photo
Lahore (Web Desk): Punjab Information Minister Azma Bukhari has clearly stated that the Basant festival will now be celebrated only in February 2027. She ruled out any possibility of holding the event earlier.

In a video message shared on the Punjab government’s official X account, Bokhari said, “I want to state categorically that Basant will be celebrated in February 2027. No suggestion for celebrating it before that is under consideration.”

She mentioned that some people in a few cities had celebrated Basant in recent days. However, the government did not take strict action because no losses were reported.

The minister acknowledged the public’s “excitement” for the festival and said she also shared the same feelings. She promised that the next Basant in 2027 would be “bigger and better than the one held this year”.

Also Read: Gas timings announced for sehri and iftar during Ramazan

Earlier this month, Lahore hosted a three-day Basant festival from February 6 to 8 after the Punjab government lifted an 18-year ban on the historic event. The revival came with strict safety regulations.

Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif praised authorities for organizing what she called a “safe Basant” in Lahore. She said there was not a single death caused by kite string injuries during the celebrations.